Due to germs, we are unable to bring one of our Characters in costume, but Characters of Character will be donating Superhero Themed Character Building to the Lurie's Children's Hospital of Chicago as well.
Ways To Help Support Our Children's Hospital Goody Bags
Here are some ways that you can help support our End of the Year 2019 Children's Hospital Donation:
- Launch a Facebook fundraiser to share with family & friends - be sure to let us know you raised funds for this specific project so we make sure the donations go directly towards the December 2019 Children's Hospital Character Building Gift Bags
- Give a monetary donation (even a small $5 donations makes an impact!) directly to Characters of Character either through Facebook or the through Paypal by clicking the 'donate' button below.
- Donate an in-kind item from our Amazon Wishlist found here - one of our biggest needs from the Wishlist are the Kindness Coloring & Activity Book as well as the Superhero Activity Book.
- Match a contribution through work if the company you work for offers that. You can also ask co-workers if they'd like to donate to Characters of Character project directly.
- Share the project on social media. Word of mouth is a powerful thing and you never know who you are going to reach. Simply sharing or talking about our project has the potential to reach thousands of people who might be interested in supporting our Character Building Activity Bag donation project.
- Set up a donation can in your community to collect donations from others. Talk to your local gas station, a local shop, or even the grocery store you shop at and see if they'd be willing to let you put a donation jar or two at the store for a few days.
Did you know...?
Two of the items on our Amazon Wishlist are stamps and greeting cards. One of our goals for this project is to handwrite letters on the greeting cards to each child from one of our Characters. In addition to our Characters writing those letters, we will encourage each child who receive a goody bag to write directly to their favorite Character (hence the stamps), and the Character will write back!
It's an engaging way to not only give the children a distraction from their hospital stay/visit, but it's also a great way to encourage writing!
*Final contents of Character Building Activity Bags will be determined by the amount of monetary and in-kind donations received. We will post updates as soon as the goody bags are put together.
Click here to print out some fun Halloween Coloring Pages from the Characters!
Have you seen our new products? Adding more weekly! Click here to see some now!
Have you met the Characters of Character? Click here now to meet them!
Have you seen our new tee shirts yet? Click here to see them now!
Have you seen our new Kind tees yet? Click here to see them now!
Have you seen our new I Am Affirmations Coloring Book yet? Click here to see them now!
Have you seen our new I Am tee shirt yet? Click here to see now!
Have you seen our Behavior Bear I Am line? click here to see now!
Click here to see how you can support our cause and help us to continue making a difference in the life of a child.
This past May, I was lucky enough to go on an adventure with my girlfriend. We drove down to Louisiana in her blue Smart Car to an Art Retreat! Here we made journals, had wonderful conversations, lots of good food and plenty of laughter, not to mention new friendships. Here is where I first learned or became aware of the term, "I Am". Think about these two little words for what you say after them you will become. I became so infatuated with this term that I dedicated an entire journal to write in each day with these very words, "I Am". It puts me in a great mindset, keeps me grounded and fills my soul with gratitude. I had a girlfriend who was struggling through the days and so I suggested this little lesson to her. It didn't take her very long before she reached out to thank me. The fact is that we all have use these words, we all have said these words and we all are able to bring awareness to these two little words. "I AM"
In my opinion, when we stop to truly become aware of a thing, a person, a place and even a statement we become more empowered by the presence, the meaning, the feeling and absolute surrounding that it can and will encompass around us. Characters of Character New "I Am!" Affirmation Coloring Book is a great activity to do with your children and to remind yourself just how ______________you are! Available on Amazon.
"I AM" a visual learner, a hands on type of learner. It's just how I'm wired. Our new I AM tee shirts are the perfect reminder of these two little yet empowering words! Available on Amazon.
Our 'I Am' Series can be used to share with your children, incorporated in your classroom, and even used within your community. The intention of our 'I Am' Behavior Bear Series is to encourage positive behavior traits. Let's take a moment to talk about affirmations -- I know, a lot of people will roll their eyes when they read about affirmations, and if you're one of the eye-rolling folks reading this please stay open-minded and keep reading.
The purpose of an affirmation is to re-wire your brain to believe what you're repeating. If you constantly have negative thoughts, chances are you're leading a negative life. If you're constantly seeing the silver lining in your situation, no matter what it may be, you're probably a very happy person. Visit us online to learn more about these resources.