Back-To-School in 2021
Ten Tips For Back-To- School Routines
Some have already started the new school year while others are getting ready. We put a few tips together which will help transition from summer and a 'different' year into the classroom:
* Make a TO-DO-LIST this really helps keep you organized
* Routines are essential and simply fall into place when put into practice
* Start your routine (habits) early, should you fall off track, jump back on
* Preparing the night before is helpful, plus, benefits for a better nights rest
* Plan your commute to school ahead of time
* Share the schedule with your children
* Prepare snacks and lunches ahead of time
* Eat a breakfast
* Discuss with your children what lies ahead with the school year
* Stay positive, take a breath and let the plans (habits) unfold calmly with the new school year ahead
Wishing you a very healthy and enriched school year!
Resources to Teach Character Traits
Each of our nine characters, Behavior Bear, Do'er Duck, Friendship Frog, Healthy Hippo, Manners Monkey, Respectful Rabbit, Responsible Rabbit, Self-Esteem Elephant and Warm-Hearted Walrus have at least three published books to help teach and reinforce their trait. There are also FREE resources and activities on our YouTube Chanel. Our books are available on Amazon, Books-a-Million and Barnes & Noble.
I believe that it's important to involve a child in discussions and activities to help them internalize, embrace and understand these values and help them embrace and understand the meaning. Please remember, your child is listening to you, watching you and wanting to be just like you, so, make good choices and be the best role model you can be.
Characters of Character is a 501(c)(3) NFP
Characters of Character is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide a firm foundation for children. We have a few projects happening and would appreciate your Support, a Sponsorship or Donation to any of the following:
* Superhero Activity Boxes which are donated to Children's Hospitals
* Superhero Activity Boxes donated to Children's Hospitals in Tennessee
* Superhero Activity Boxes donated to Children's Hospitals in Texas
* Building Confidence Activity Boxes in Hendersonville, Tennessee
* Donate because we appreciate what the Characters of Character are doing to make a difference in the life of a child.
On August 20th, Self-Esteem Elephant will be meeting Gnash, the Nashville Predators Mascot at Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital to be presented with a grant to donate our Superhero Activity Boxes to the children patients there. The Nashville Predators Foundation donated $5,000.00 to provide these boxes to the children. On August 21st, Self-Esteem Elephant will be at the Handmade Market at Hendersonville City Hall to share our Building Confidence Activity Box with the community and allow them to meet and greet our very own Self-Esteem Elephant!
To date, we have a commitment of $2,500.00 from Meijer Stores to donate our Superhero Activity Boxes to Children's Hospitals in the Chicago area. We also have a commitment from Rust-Oleum for $1,000.00 to donate our Superhero Activity Boxes to Children's Hospitals in the Chicago area. If you, or if you know of a Company who would be interested in becoming Sponsors for our projects, please reach out to me.
Thank you and as always, remember to be of good character, others are looking up to you. We think you are super!
Married with children since 1981. Love working with children and sharing the Characters of Character.