“After having the pleasure to meet Mrs. Downey, I learned more about what her program has to offer and I firmly believe that it will instill confidence in the youth where it is needed now more than ever”.
Special Events Program Supervisor
City of Hendersonville, TN 37075
Building Confidence is Essential Today
Non-Profit, Characters of Character to Donate Confidence Building Boxes to the Hendersonville Library.
The Hendersonville Library and Characters of Character are excited to share these Confidence Building Boxes with the community of Hendersonville!
This is what Diane Johnson, the Library Director from the Hendersonville Library has to say: “Characters of Character and Mrs. Downey are so important now for the well-being of our youth. Our children need to feel good about themselves and have positive role models. The Confidence Building Box starring Self- Esteem Elephant are just the beginning of greater things to come for this generation. “
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, SPONSORSHIP AND DONATIONS TO BRING THIS TO LIFE IN OUR COMMUNITY.
Why is building confidence in children important?
Building confidence at an early age has the ability to make children feel better about themselves. Think about yourself - when you lack confidence how do you feel? You can be depressed, lazy, and settle for mediocre. Now, think about how you feel when your confidence is high - how do you feel? You probably feel motivated and fearless - even eager to ask for help if you need it because you're excited about your life and want to continue advancing forward.
Confidence goes hand in hand with making good decisions. When a child has confidence, they are able to maintain a growth mindset, finding solutions rather than seeing the problems. They are also more likely to take responsibility for their actions - the good and the bad.
That's why Characters of Character NFP, Inc. developed the Mindfulness Affirmation Character Building Kit featuring Self-Esteem Elephant. Our Mindfulness Kit is filled with activities, positive visual reminders, and allows children an outlet to express their true feelings and emotions while developing confidence.
Self-Esteem Elephant is one of nine Characters developed by Joni Downey, founder of Characters of Character NFP, Inc. The biggest message that Self- Esteem Elephant shares is, "I like ME!" -- the perfect message for children to internalize at an early age.
Donation Goal & Distribution Plan
Characters of Character NFP, Inc.'s goal is to donate 250 complete kits to the Hendersonville Library. We are working closely with the library and have already donated confidence building resources for them to share with the
community. Learn more on our website here
More Ways To Get Involved
• Word of Mouth • Sharing this project with your family and friends, both in person and on social media, is an inexpensive and effective way to raise awareness! You may not be able to make a monetary donation, but someone you know might be able to or they might work at a company who would be interested in supporting this project.
• Sponsorship Opportunities • If you're looking to make an even bigger impact in Hendersonville, TN with Characters of Character NFP, Inc., please consider contacting us for sponsorship opportunities.
• Join The Facebook Group • We've created a private Facebook group dedicated to this project. We will post updates, free resources, positive quotes, and so much more! Please join our group here.
• Amazon Smile • One great way to support Characters of Character is by choosing us as your organization of choice when shopping Amazon. At absolutely no additional cost to you, Amazon will donate a small percentage of your purchase to our organization. It's simple - go to smile.amazon.com & choose Characters of Character NFP, Inc. as your charity of choice. When you checkout, Amazon will give a small percentage back to our organization. *Please note that you must go to smile.amazon.com for a donation to be made. If you're using your phone, please view your settings to update your Amazon Smile Charity.
• Ask Your Co-Workers For Support • If your work gives back or your co- workers are interested in donating to local charities, please consider throwing Characters of Character's name into the mix for donations. Some ideas include; putting out a jar to collect change, choosing Characters of Character for a donation match with your employer, having a competition to see who can donate the most crayons, watercolors, etc.
Let's Make The World Better Together
Married with children since 1981. Love working with children and sharing the Characters of Character.