Your GRATITUDE creates a better ATTITUDE making a difference in you and others!
In a world that is constantly changing, how are my making a difference? Makes you stop and thing, doesn't it? Are you making a difference in yourself, your mindset, your habits, your character? Today, more than ever before, the world needs you, your gifts, your talents, your passion to make a difference in the way you live, and how you can impact others. While there are days that may be difficult there is no doubt, you still need to show up and give it your best. This is something as parents we instill in our children, too. So, be a good example, won't you? Here are a few ideas how you can make a difference:
1. Volunteer your time at a local school, charity, place of worship and community
2. Volunteer your gifts to do so. If you are good at organizing, if you're good at sewing, if you're good at painting, etc. Use your gifts to benefit others in your community and make a difference.
3. Volunteer to shop for a neighbor or a friend who may not be able to get out
4. Volunteer your listening ear, many times that's what another person may need
5. Volunteer your resources, if you know a business who can benefit your community, share them, help them to make a difference as well.
6. Volunteer your finances if you're able to spare your resources, research and reach out to help a local pantry, shelter, nonprofit, family, etc. in your community.
7. Volunteer your knowledge, if you've learned from your own mistakes, help others go down a better path, reach out to your local youth center if you have one and become a mentor
Volunteering is not only benefiting your community, it provides you a passion to do more as there is no greater feeling than being appreciated for your kindness in your own circle or in your community. We're all in this journey together, might as well make the most of it!
If you'd like to learn more about how the Characters of Character are making a difference in the life of a child, visit us online.
If you'd like to donate to our Children's Hospital donations in Tennessee, visit us online.
If you'd like to donate to our Children's Hospital donations in Texas, visit us online.
If you'd like to donate to our Sumner Library Activity for Hendersonville, visit us online.
If you'd like to learn more about how you can support our work, visit us online.
Characters of Character is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to provide a firm foundation for children to establish strong civic values. We work tirelessly sharing our materials to impact our children with character building activities. Visit us online for FREE resources and share these with others to help make a difference, together, we can make the world better.
Married with children since 1981. Love working with children and sharing the Characters of Character.