Hendersonville Has Confidence!
Self-Esteem Elephant is one of nine Characters developed by Joni Downey, founder of Characters of Character NFP, Inc. The biggest message that Self-Esteem Elephant shares is, "I like ME!" -- the perfect message for children to internalize at an early age.
Why is building confidence in children important?
Building confidence at an early age has the ability to make children feel better about themselves. Think about yourself - when you lack confidence how do you feel? You can be depressed, lazy, and settle for mediocre. Now, think about how you feel when your confidence is high - how do you feel? You probably feel motivated and fearless - even eager to ask for help if you need it because you're excited about your life and want to continue advancing forward.
Confidence goes hand in hand with making good decisions. When a child has confidence they are able to maintain a growth mindset, finding solutions rather than seeing the problems. They are also more likely to take responsibility for their actions - the good and the bad.
That's why Characters of Character NFP, Inc. developed the Mindfulness Affirmation Character Building Kit featuring Self-Esteem Elephant. Our Mindfulness Kit is filled with activities, positive visual reminders, and allows children an outlet to express their true feelings and emotions while developing confidence.
What does the kit include? Incorporating the arts with our social and emotional learning is extremely important to Characters of Character NFP, Inc. We believe that allowing children a safe outlet to express themselves is key to developing coping skills that will follow the child into their adult life. That's why we developed our Mindfulness Affirmation Confidence Building Kit to not only encourage a positive mindset, but also encourage the child to explore their creative side!
Each kit includes:
• Colorful packaging that doubles as positive visual reminders
• Watercolor painting activity (includes a 4x4 pre-designed canvas, watercolors, paintbrush, and a mini easel)
• Set of 9 affirmation cards; 1 for each character trait we focus on
• 8.5x11 colored poster to be used as a visual reinforcement long after the activities inside the kit have been completed
• "I am!" name tag activity
• Self-Esteem Elephant themed folder; great to bring to school, keep positive messages in, or to be used at home
• Characters of Character's affirmation coloring book
• An introductory letter to the child to explain who Self-Esteem Elephant is and the message we want to share
• Self-Esteem Elephant stickers
If you would like additional information to become involved and make a difference in the life of a child, please visit us online and reach out at anytime. We can't donate these resources without your support. There are children who need us, you, and us to make a difference in their life, to build confidence and self-esteem and a stronger community. Please consider a donation or a sponsorship for the Hendersonvilel has Confidence project! Thank you, together we will make a difference.
Married with children since 1981. Love working with children and sharing the Characters of Character.