Due to germs, we are unable to bring one of our Characters in costume, but Characters of Character will be donating Superhero Themed Character Building to the Lurie's Children's Hospital of Chicago as well.
Ways To Help Support Our Children's Hospital Goody Bags
Here are some ways that you can help support our End of the Year 2019 Children's Hospital Donation:
- Launch a Facebook fundraiser to share with family & friends - be sure to let us know you raised funds for this specific project so we make sure the donations go directly towards the December 2019 Children's Hospital Character Building Gift Bags
- Give a monetary donation (even a small $5 donations makes an impact!) directly to Characters of Character either through Facebook or the through Paypal by clicking the 'donate' button below.
- Donate an in-kind item from our Amazon Wishlist found here - one of our biggest needs from the Wishlist are the Kindness Coloring & Activity Book as well as the Superhero Activity Book.
- Match a contribution through work if the company you work for offers that. You can also ask co-workers if they'd like to donate to Characters of Character project directly.
- Share the project on social media. Word of mouth is a powerful thing and you never know who you are going to reach. Simply sharing or talking about our project has the potential to reach thousands of people who might be interested in supporting our Character Building Activity Bag donation project.
- Set up a donation can in your community to collect donations from others. Talk to your local gas station, a local shop, or even the grocery store you shop at and see if they'd be willing to let you put a donation jar or two at the store for a few days.
Did you know...?
Two of the items on our Amazon Wishlist are stamps and greeting cards. One of our goals for this project is to handwrite letters on the greeting cards to each child from one of our Characters. In addition to our Characters writing those letters, we will encourage each child who receive a goody bag to write directly to their favorite Character (hence the stamps), and the Character will write back!
It's an engaging way to not only give the children a distraction from their hospital stay/visit, but it's also a great way to encourage writing!
*Final contents of Character Building Activity Bags will be determined by the amount of monetary and in-kind donations received. We will post updates as soon as the goody bags are put together.
Married with children since 1981. Love working with children and sharing the Characters of Character.